I have arrived in Delhi, India! I spent 25 hours traveling from O'Hare to Boston to Qatarr to Delhi. Upon arriving to Delhi, I spent two hours in the visa line, and one hour waiting to exchange currency – only to find I could only exchange US $70. Upon arriving to Delhi, I spent two hours in the visa line, and one hour waiting to exchange currency – only to find I could only exchange US $70. The poor driver who waited for me had to wait three hours!
When I got to the bed-and-breakfast I was very pleasantly surprised to find exactly what it look like on the travel advisor site. I got into the bed-and-breakfast at 5:30 AM and I am too wound up to sleep. Luckily, at 5:45 AM the Muslim call to prayer drew me out onto the balcony. I don't care how many times I hear it, it never gets old. It is always beautiful to my ears.
Shubha, my friend from Facebook for eight years, is meeting me here at 9 AM to go on an all day tour of Delhi. My friends Jack, Mary and Jacque, Who have been up in the mountains for a week, or meeting us here today in the mid afternoon. They are teachers too, but retired so they have more time.
Delhi is very foggy right now. I asked my Hindu driver why and he's explained that it was because after this year's celebration of Diwali, no rains have come to wash away , which went on for 45 days, starting in October.
The cook should be bringing me my tea momentarily, then bringing me met breakfast at 8. The sun is coming up over the balcony and people are walking by, starting their rickshaw driving down the crazy, crazy streets of India!
When I got to the bed-and-breakfast I was very pleasantly surprised to find exactly what it look like on the travel advisor site. I got into the bed-and-breakfast at 5:30 AM and I am too wound up to sleep. Luckily, at 5:45 AM the Muslim call to prayer drew me out onto the balcony. I don't care how many times I hear it, it never gets old. It is always beautiful to my ears.
Shubha, my friend from Facebook for eight years, is meeting me here at 9 AM to go on an all day tour of Delhi. My friends Jack, Mary and Jacque, Who have been up in the mountains for a week, or meeting us here today in the mid afternoon. They are teachers too, but retired so they have more time.
Delhi is very foggy right now. I asked my Hindu driver why and he's explained that it was because after this year's celebration of Diwali, no rains have come to wash away , which went on for 45 days, starting in October.
The cook should be bringing me my tea momentarily, then bringing me met breakfast at 8. The sun is coming up over the balcony and people are walking by, starting their rickshaw driving down the crazy, crazy streets of India!
Who knew you could find a b&b in India! What does the call to worship sound like? I'm on a 2 day solo retreat myself :)
ReplyDelete