Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Tuesday, Dec. 27- Chitwan, Nepal

 This morning I went on an elephant ride and saw a rhino, peacocks, antelope and other things in the jungle with Rabin!   Then all four of us went on the jungle safari and saw a rhino really up close -  so close that we could see a 1 foot slice in his armor which was bleeding from a fight with another right now over territory.

 Now we are drinking Nepali rum and hot water around a bonfire at Sauraha,  or jungle pub.   In one hour we are going to the cultural festival down the rocky road.

 Yesterday I taught Rabin's class of 10 grade 4 and through age 14 children.   We all sang jingle bells, which is the one song all Nepali  and Indian children know.  I had them tell me about their strengths and weaknesses in school. I also had them write a penpal letter to my students back home.

 Tomorrow morning at six Rabin  and I are going to the orphanage to teach those children at 6 AM.

 Then we leave at 7 am for a five hour bus ride to Pokhara,  which is in the snowcapped Himalayas.
 We only have a half day in that town, but it will be fun filled because we're going to another cultural festival.   Then the next morning we get up at nine to  take the five our bus ride back to Chitwan  and fly to Kathmandu  at nine a.m.   Then I take the 3:30 PM flight out of Kathmandu to Delhi.

 I can't post pictures until I get on a computer and no one seems to have a laptop around here.   I am doing this blog on my iPad right now  on my iPad,  and have most of my pictures on the camera – Thursday so I can't use a computer  to run my pictures into for this blog, and my Apple phone and iPad are not syncing.

 This bonfire is making the back of my iPad very hot.

 We have to hurry and finish a half a carafe of rum before we leave in 15 minutes,  so I have to run and go drink.  LOL

Love, Jacki


No comments:

Post a Comment