Saturday, December 24: Christmas Eve in Varanasi
Looking back to the first day in Delhi that I shared with Shubha.....Sorry, these photos just won't stay turned properly...
 |
| Shubha and I at Qutab temple in Delhi |
 |
| At the Siek temple eating with 10,000 people. |
 |
| The next shift waiting to shove inside for their turn. |
 |
| Lotus Temple- Ba hai |
 |
| Back at the soup kitchen at the Siek Temple for lunch |
 |
| Volunteers making lunch for 10,000 at the Siek temple |
 |
| Jacque, Mary, Jack and I take a rickshaw ride through Old Delhi |
 |
| Traffic light says go and stop at the same time; no one pays attention! |
 |
| On the last night in Delhi Jacque's student's father's business partner sends his brother to our B & B to exchange our US$1,500 for 120,000 rupees at one in the morning. Why? Because Modi has made it impossible to change more than US$60 per day, and only after waiting in a cue for 1-4 hours! |
|
 |
| From left to right: Mary, yours truly, Shubha, our German landlady, Jack, Jacque and Sharma, who would then drive us through India for the next three days. |
 |
| On the road to Jaipur, the "red city" |
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| This priest blessed me and dressed me in a sari |
 |
| Going to a doctor for swollen ankles. |
 |
| Arriving in Fatephur Sikri, where they put out the royal treatment for us. |
 |
| Taj Mahal in Agra |
 |
| Selfies with some fun ladies. |
 |
| Our driver Sharma and his wife prepare dinner at their house for us. |
It is 11 p.m. on Christmas eve and I am tired....I have not done this blog justice. But I hope you enjoy the pictures. They are off my phone; most of the good ones are on my camera. Until tomorrow...when we fly to Nepal after I volunteer teach some slum children here in Varanasi.
No comments:
Post a Comment